Help Needed Sending Message for Node Rewards

I'm trying to get my node setup for rewards, and the docs suggest I need to send an encrypted message from my node:

The screenshot shows the UI with the recipient as @noderewardardor. However, when I try to go to this exact screen, the recipient address is in the fixed form of ARDOR_------------.

How am I able to send a message to @noderewardardor if it doesn't match this format? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

That's an alias for an actual Ardor address.

You can just delete the ARDOR- placeholder and write the alias there. It should work correctly and look like the screenshots in the documentation.

1 Like

Worked like a charm, thanks! I just need to get my account funded I think and I'm ready to rock and roll.

You're welcome, happy to help.

To fund your account you can use crypto or fiat, check the available exchanges here: Ignis Explorers and Exchanges | Jelurida

1 Like

Thanks!

Slightly off-topic from original question, but probably helpful for others that come across this:

• Do I just need to grab IGNIS to fund my account? Or do I also need ARDR?
  • What's the minimum amount of IGNIS I need to hold? If another coin, how much of that?
  • How much IGNIS (or other) is safe to keep on hand for "gas" to remain operational?

Thanks again for your help. Just wanted to get one of these up and running to test it out, and perhaps scale to several more.

• Do I just need to grab IGNIS to fund my account? Or do I also need ARDR?

For the Node Rewards program you just need to send a message so you just need some IGNIS to pay the fee.

• What's the minimum amount of IGNIS I need to hold? If another coin, how much of that?

There is no minimum required.

• How much IGNIS (or other) is safe to keep on hand for "gas" to remain operational?

For the Node Rewards program you don't need any minimum balance. As I said, once you send the message, you are good to go.

1 Like