cannot run run.bat on windows after downloaded the code from https://bitbucket.org/Jelurida/ardor/src/master/

when I use my command to run run.bat
it turn out to be like these:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe

java version "1.8.0_281"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_281-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.281-b09, mixed mode)

Server will start in a new command window.

but the other command window turn out just a second, and then fade out
I can not use http://localhost:7876/ to visit it because the server have not run up

Please help me to find out . can you give me any advise to see error log or whatever?

You are getting some error on that window that closes too fast to see it.

Please open a command prompt window and execute run.bat from there so you will see the exact error message.

I use run.bat, i can see all the message until

start "Ardor Server %~dp0" "%javaCmd%" -cp classes;lib*;conf;addons\classes;addons\lib*;javafx-sdk\lib* -Dnxt.runtime.mode=desktop nxt.Nxt

when running here

run this there is no error , but only a cmd window opended and closed,

running on mac, It's ok

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe
C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_281\bin\java.exe

java version "1.8.0_281"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_281-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.281-b09, mixed mode)

that‘s my java environment
thats run.bat , the windows opened and closed so quickly

You're right. You can try adding /wait to the start command just before the java command.

start "Ardor Server %~dp0" /wait "%javaCmd%" -cp classes;lib*;conf;addons\classes;addons\lib*;javafx-sdk\lib* -Dnxt.runtime.mode=desktop nxt.Nxt

Or you can temporarily remove the start command altogether and start that line from the "%javaCmd%".

thanks very much

we added a childchain but there is no coins for the new childchain
how can I add some?

Hi Tom, we assume this is for the Coalculus project?

Adding a child chain to an existing parent chain is not an immediate process since introducing it will fork the chain between nodes that has already upgraded and recognize the new child chain and nodes that are not yet upgraded and will discard these child chain transaction.

Therefore the process has to be planned in advance and some code to create the initial distribution of the child chain tokens must be developed and triggered on a certain block height to distribute the tokens after giving enough time for nodes to upgrade.

With the latest Ardor codebase you must add 2 JSON files with the balances of the new child chain for mainnet and testnet to conf/data directory. The file names must start with the child chain name and the testnet one must end with -testnet. E.g. GUSD.json and GUSD-testnet.json.

Then in FxtDbVersion you add a new DB update step in which you call ChildChainLoader.enableChildChainLoading - see how it's done for the MPG child chain.

But I'm not sure if Coalculus was upgraded to the latest Ardor codebase - if not, this procedure won't work. Was it upgraded?

thanks , petko,coalculus now still 2.2.6 , i will ask them if we can upgrade the code.

Now I see that ChildChainLoader.enableChildChainLoading is available in that version. You can try without upgrade, but generally it is always better to stay up-to-date with the latest release.

Where is the password configured?

The ID of COAL-3TA9... is cryptographically generated from the passphrase. If you don't know the password you cannot send transactions from that account. I don't know who owns the passphrase of this account